- Coupals Primary Academy
- Place of work:
- Salary details:
- £45,319 - £50,026 pa
- Job term:
- Full Time
- Closing date:
- 30 September 2019 01:00 PM
Required from January 2020.
Are you ready, honest and determined? An exciting opportunity is available for two highly skilled Deputy Headteachers to join our school.
As part of the growth of our school, and following the promotion of our previous Deputy Headteacher, we are looking to appoint two Deputy Headteachers (one for EYFS / KS1 and one for KS2) to work alongside the Headteacher to drive the school to 'Outstanding' over the next two years.
Since being judged 'Good' in September 2017, Coupals continues to focus on high-quality teaching informed through research and evidence-based approaches. Alongside this, effective CPD and a desire to continually develop oneself are central to the ethos and approach of the school. We believe that our school should be a place where teachers and pupils can thrive and become the best they can be.
We offer our pupils an exciting curriculum that prepares them for life in the modern world. The use of Talk for Writing and Reciprocal Reading, Maths Mastery and our own theme-based curriculum (which includes additional 'Personal' and 'Cultural' curriculum strands) offers children a wide-ranging curriculum which helps them to develop knowledge and skills for a successful future. Technology is at the heart of Coupals curriculum with the use of a 1:1 iPad across upper KS2.
You will work on a range of responsibilities in addition to teaching your class (for part of the week) to help continue to move the school forward. These responsibilities will be carefully planned and rotated biannually to help prepare you for further opportunities and headship.
Our vision of 'Every Opportunity for Every Pupil' lies at the heart of everything we do, and our mission is to ensure that children flourish in our school and are ready for whatever challenge faces them irrespective of their experiences and background.
We are looking for Deputy Headteachers who:
- are exceptional classroom practitioners (teaching 0.6 FTE)
- build high-quality relationships with pupils, staff and parents
- champion our pupils
- are forward thinking and outward looking
- are committed team players with the blend of dedication and humour needed to achieve excellence
- have a good understanding of, or a willingness to engage with, evidence-based approaches
- have a desire to support and drive school improvement
- are enthusiastic and committed school leaders with a proven track record.
We can offer:
- fantastically behaved and hardworking pupils
- a wide range of CPD opportunities (in school and through the Suffolk Borders Teaching Alliance)
- a supportive working environment
- a great team to be a part of
- a teacher iPad (and the opportunity to be part of an exciting approach to educational technology)
- a well-resourced school
- a range of development opportunities for both teaching and leadership
- the opportunity to be part of and learn from an excellent senior leadership team.
You are welcome to make an appointment to visit the school prior to submitting your application. Please contact David Maguire, Headteacher on (01440) 763933 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a visit.
To apply, please visit: candidate.unitysp-careers.co.uk
Interview date: 8 October 2019.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks required for relevant posts. Unity Schools Partnership, welcoming diversity.