- The Oaks Primary School
- Place of work:
- Job term:
- Part Time
- Closing date:
- 30 April 2021 01:00 PM
- MPR / UPR (0.7 or 0.8 FTE)*
From September 2021, we are looking for an enthusiastic musician to teach a high quality music curriculum and coordinate all school and extra-curricular activities that incorporate music, drama and dance. The applicant must be an excellent classroom practitioner, highly motivated and committed to school improvement and the achievement of high standards. You will demonstrate leadership qualities, interpersonal skills and be willing to realise the school's vision for excellence in the arts.
- be an outstanding music and/or drama teacher that can motivate and inspire pupils
- be able to create and realise a vision for the school to establish excellence in all areas of performing arts
- be able to direct musical and dramatic productions in Key Stage 1 and 2
- be able to lead instrumental and vocal ensembles
- be a proficient pianist (desirable)
- have managerial and organisational skills sufficient to schedule visiting teachers and performers.
We can offer:
- a proven track record of leadership development
- continuing professional development and tailored support programmes
- rewarding career progression opportunities
- wonderful, keen pupils
- a hardworking, caring and motivated team
- a professional and supportive working environment.
* The role will be 0.8 FTE if the candidate is qualified to teach whole class practical musical instruments to one year group, or 0.7 FTE if the school engage the County Music Service peripatetic service.
Visits to the school are strongly encouraged to see the school in action. Please contact the school office on (01473) 684994 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange an appointment.
An application pack can be downloaded from the related information section.
Interview date: w/c 3 May 2021.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks required for relevant posts.