- Woolpit Primary Academy
- Place of work:
- Salary details:
- £48,927 - £56,712
- Job term:
- Full Time
- Closing date:
- 16 October 2019 12:00 PM
Ideally required from Spring / Summer Term 2020.
The governors invite applications for the post of Headteacher for our attractive village school, which boasts an idyllic location in the Suffolk countryside, close to Bury St Edmunds, but with very easy access to the A14. There are currently 140 pupils on our roll from Reception - Year 6, although we expect to grow rapidly over the coming years to accommodate more pupils due to significant plans for housing developments locally.
Our new Headteacher will need to demonstrate a proven commitment to the highest quality of teaching and learning, strong leadership and communication skills, as well as experience at a senior level. Enthusiasm for learning, a willingness to challenge and be challenged, and aspirational goals for excellent pupil outcomes are essential.
Please note that this post may involve some teaching to cover staff absence and / or PPA cover, in addition to any teaching you would wish to offer to support excellence in the school.
In particular, the governors are seeking an inspirational leader who can:
- deliver rapid progress and attainment for all pupils
- show high expectations of what can be achieved and believe all children can be successful
- demonstrate excellent management, interpersonal and communication skills
- ensure that children's education and wellbeing remains at the centre of all of our endeavours.
Our most recent Ofsted inspection (November 2018) was judged 'Requires improvement'. The governors are determined to maintain the progress identified during the inspection to move our school to at least 'Good'. We know our teaching team has great potential and drive, and with strong leadership, the school will thrive.
In return for your commitment and drive, we can offer you:
- support, challenge and opportunities to share good practice with other Headteachers in the MAT
- highly motivated and dedicated staff
- a supportive (and challenging) governing body
- engaged parents with a robust Friends of Woolpit School (FoWS) Committee
- an attractive working environment.
Visits to our school are strongly encouraged. Please contact Kathryn Hewett, Trust Business Manager via email: firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a suitable date.
To find out more about our school, please visit our website: www.woolpitprimary.net
For an application pack, please contact Headteacher Recruitment via email: email@example.com
Interview date: 16 / 17 October 2019.
The Trust and its schools are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and the successful candidate must ensure that the highest priority is given to following guidance and regulations to safeguard children and young people. The successful candidate will be required to undergo an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).