- Barningham CEVC Primary School
- Place of work:
- Salary details:
- £48,808 - £56,579
- Job term:
- Full Time
- Closing date:
- 24 January 2020 01:00 PM
Required from September 2020.
Barningham CEVC Primary School is a delightful Church of England school at the heart of a rural community in the beautiful Suffolk village of Barningham, a short drive from the market towns of Bury St Edmunds, Diss and Thetford.
Our children value their learning and love school. Our staff all share an understanding of what constitutes the best possible teaching practice, and every child is valued for their individuality.
The school was judged ‘Good’ by Ofsted in June 2019 with two ‘Outstanding’ judgements for Personal Development, Behaviour and Welfare of the pupils and for Early Years provision. We currently have 97 children on our roll. Our capacity is 15 children per year (Reception - Year 6), with two year groups per class after Reception.
In view of the early retirement of our respected and inspiring Headteacher, the governing body, staff and children are seeking to appoint an exceptional leader to continue to develop and sustain the strategic direction of our happy, caring school.
We are looking for a new Headteacher, passionate about primary education, with a strong child centred philosophy, committed to leading in a way that reflects the school's Christian vision and values. The role has a teaching commitment to cover PPA (approximately 40%, usually teaching some afternoons).
- ensure all pupils continue to receive the very best all-round education, creatively, academically, spiritually, socially and culturally, that will equip them for a happy rewarding and fulfilling life
- lead by example to build on the successes of the school
- create an ethos within which all staff are motivated and supported
- show sound judgement in strategic, curriculum-led budget planning
- develop high standards of individual pupil and school achievement
- promote an ethos in which children take ownership of responsibility for learning, positive behaviour, personal development, and compassion for others
- continue the close relationship with parents and the local community
- show a strong commitment to Christian values and moral purpose.
We can promise that you will be well supported by our enthusiastic team of staff, children, governors and the whole school community.
Visits to our school are strongly encouraged. To make an appointment please contact the school office on (01359) 221297.
For further information or an application pack, please contact Headteacher Recruitment at: email@example.com or (01473) 263943.
Interview dates: 6 / 7 February 2020.