- Woolpit Primary Academy
- Place of work:
- Salary details:
- MPR (0.5 FTE)
- Job term:
- Job Share
- Maternity / Paternity Cover
- Closing date:
- 09 October 2019 01:00 PM
Woolpit Primary Academy is a small school in an attractive setting which offers a supportive team and enthusiastic children who are eager to learn. Woolpit is part of the Thedwastre Trust.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone who wishes to teach in a small but enthusiastic Year 1 class.
We are passionate and determined that every child succeeds to the best of their ability. We aim to foster pupils' strengths and support their progress with a broad curriculum that inspires and equips children for a lifetime of learning. We value originality and creativity and strive to develop confident learners who show respect to each other. We currently have 138 pupils in our school, organised into seven single year group classes from Reception - Year 6.
You will be joining a rapidly improving school and will:
- be an enthusiastic practitioner with knowledge and experience of the KS1 curriculum
- set high expectations which inspire, motivate and challenge pupils
- adapt provision and practice to respond to the strengths and needs of all pupils
- make accurate and productive use of formative and summative assessment
- use positive behaviour management to foster the emotional wellbeing of all pupils and ensure a safe learning environment
- deliver excellent learning and progress outcomes for all children
- liaise with other teachers within school and across the multi academy trust to share and develop good practice.
The school has a strong caring ethos and is proud of our supportive team.
Preliminary visits to the school are warmly welcomed by arrangement with Pippa Holmes, Acting Head Teacher. Please call (01359) 240625 to arrange.
Further details and an application form are available on the school's website: www.woolpitprimary.net
Alternatively, an application pack can be downloaded from the related information section.
Please return your completed application to the school: Woolpit Primary Academy, Heath Road, Woolpit IP30 9RU.
Interview date: w/c 14 October 2019.
The Trust and its schools are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and the successful candidate must ensure that the highest priority is given to following guidance and regulations to safeguard children and young people. The successful candidate will be required to undergo an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).