- St Felix RC Primary School, Haverhill
- Place of work:
- Job term:
- Part Time
- Closing date:
- 29 April 2021 12:00 PM
- MPR / UPR1 + SEN allowance (£25,714 - £38,690 + £2,270)
- (0.4 FTE)
The Governing Body of St Felix RC Primary is seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, dedicated and professional SENCO to join our friendly and inclusive Catholic Primary School, in order to lead special needs provision across the school. The successful candidate will join the Senior Leadership Team to contribute to the school improvement journey.
Salary is within the MPS.UPS1 range but will be dependent on experience, in line with our pay policy. The post is non-class based. There may be some opportunity to deliver bespoke interventions for our SEND children. Working days would be subject to discussion with the successful candidate.
The successful candidate will:
- have QTS with a minimum of two years classroom experience
- be an excellent practitioner who can deliver highly effective SEND leadership to inspire and motivate others
- be passionate about providing the best possible provision for children with additional needs
- hold the National SENCO award or be willing to work towards it
- be an integral part of the Senior Leadership team
- have an excellent understanding of how to secure progress and improve outcomes for all pupils
- be able to model good practice within the classroom
- have experience of effectively supporting colleagues to develop their practice
- have the knowledge and skills to liaise effectively with a range of agencies
- be able to liaise effectively with families in a range of situations
- enjoy working as part of a team
- be supportive of our Catholic ethos.
We can offer you:
- an inclusive environment where all children are valued
- happy children with a desire to learn and be their best
- a welcoming, friendly and dedicated staff team
- a caring and supportive working environment and approach that recognises the importance of well-being
- opportunities for continued professional development.
We welcome applications from teachers of all faiths or none, who are happy to support the school's Christian ethos and enable our pupils to live life to the full.
St. Felix is part of Our Lady of Walsingham Catholic Multi Academy Trust which is a highly collaborative partnership seeking to provide a wide range of opportunities for staff development.
Roll: 271; 3 - 11 years.
Visits to the school are highly encouraged and can be accommodated within our risk assessment.
Further details are available from Sue Shackell, Business Manager, at the school, School Lane, Haverhill, Suffolk CB9 9DE. Tel: 01440 703775 Email: admin@St-felixrc.suffolk.sch.uk
An application form is available to download from the related information section.
Applications will only be accepted if they are made using the CES application form. Email applications are accepted.
This MAT is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. CRB checks required for relevant posts.