- Ixworth C of E Primary School
- Place of work:
- Bury St Edmunds
- Salary details:
- MPR (0.4 FTE)
- Job term:
- Part Time
- Closing date:
- 13 December 2019 01:00 PM
This is a wonderful opportunity for a teacher looking for a part time teaching post, working in a mixed Year 1/2 class of enthusiastic children, alongside an experienced and positive practitioner.
We have enjoyed great success in our phonics teaching and our Year 2 reading last year, and we are keen to maintain these high standards. We are an inclusive school putting the child at the centre of all we do.
- be responsible for the learning and achievement of all pupils in the class, ensuring equality of opportunity for all through leading engaging learning opportunities and adapting these opportunities to cater for a variety of needs
- be responsible and accountable for achieving the highest possible standards in work and conduct
- treat pupils with dignity, building relationships rooted in mutual respect, and at all times observing proper boundaries appropriate to a teacher's professional position
- work proactively and effectively in collaboration and partnership with learners, parents / carers, governors, other staff both within the school and wider academy and external agencies in the best interests of the needs for all pupils
- take responsibility for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within the school
- regularly review the effectiveness of your teaching and assessment procedures and its impact on pupils' progress, attainment and wellbeing, refining your approaches where necessary responding to advice and feedback from colleagues
- take an active subject leadership role to develop the school's curriculum and pedagogical approaches both within your own classroom and have an impact on the wider school and its pupils.
Come along and visit us and find out more.
For further information or to arrange a visit, please call (01359) 230228.
An application pack can be downloaded from the related information section.
Please return your completed application to the school: Ixworth CE Primary School, Crown Lane, Bury St Edmunds IP31 2EL.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks or police vetting will be required for relevant posts.