- Ormiston Endeavour Academy
- Place of work:
- Salary details:
- MPR + TLR1a (£7,853)
- Job term:
- Full Time
- Closing date:
- 28 October 2019 01:00 PM
Required from January 2020.
Ormiston Endeavour Academy is looking for an exceptionally organised person with a dynamic approach, who can take on the role of the Head of English whilst also being able to use their skills to support the visions and values of the academy.
Heads of department will provide vision, leadership and management on all aspects of student achievement within their department. They will enthuse, motivate, inspire and generate a love of learning. Heads of department will work to ensure the highest standards of teaching and learning are provided and that personalisation is at the heart of the academy.
- continue to raise standards of student attainment and achievement within the department and to monitor and support student progress
- lead on developing and enhancing the teaching practice of others
- help manage and deploy teaching/support staff, financial and physical resources within the department
- be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- be passionate about contributing effectively to whole school improvement
- have the vision, imagination and commitment to add to the strengths of the academy, to meet the highest standards, and to be a role model for our students.
We can offer you:
- the highest quality professional development through a wide and diverse programme within the academy, and the extensive use of our professional networks within the country
- fortnightly personalised feedback with simple, clear actions to help you become the best teacher you can be
- high aspirations and expectations of student achievement
- possible relocation allowance
- students that are enthusiastic and keen to learn
- excellent professional development and guidance
- an academy committed to doing the best for its students.
To apply please complete the academy's application form on our website: ormistonendeavouracademy.co.uk and write a letter of no more than two sides of A4 explaining why you think you meet the person specification.
Interview date: w/c 28 October 2019.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks or police vetting will be required for relevant posts.