- Felixstowe Academy
- Place of work:
- Salary details:
- MPR / UPR
- Job term:
- Full Time
- Closing date:
- 20 May 2019 11:30 PM
Are you an inspirational Teacher or Instructor of Humanities / Geography with a passion for accelerating progress within our Humanities department?
This is an exciting time to join our journey of improvement and play a key part in transforming the lives of our young people.
- be an excellent Teacher or Instructor of Humanities / Geography with the ability to teach across the full age and ability range
- be a committed team player
- have the ability to engage and inspire pupils to achieve their full potential and build excellent relationships
- be committed to Felixstowe Academy's ethos
- be passionate and ambitious about your own career development.
You will join a friendly and welcoming faculty which is forward thinking, innovative and passionate about teaching.
Our values are:
- Be unusually brave
- Discover what's possible
- Push the limits
- Be big-hearted.
- excellent career prospects across the network, with a culture of looking to promote from within
- access to CPD to enable you to grow and development in your role
- Teachers' Pension or Local Government Pension Scheme
- the opportunity to use Google Suite, which allows you to do your best work, all in one suite.
Something we take very seriously is staff wellbeing. That's why we have partnered up with BHSF to provide support and employee benefits, such as a health cash plan scheme to support healthcare, discounted gym membership and an employee assistance programme.
Applications are warmly encouraged from Newly Qualified Teachers, for whom excellent facilities and support exists.
Felixstowe Academy is situated on the beautiful Suffolk coast; a fantastic place to live and work, a reasonable travelling distance from London, Cambridge and Norwich. We are an inclusive 11-18 Academy and part of Academies Enterprise Trust (AET). We have a new state of the art building equipped with a 'super-lab', a number of multi-purpose learning spaces, performance spaces which are set in large grounds on the edge of Felixstowe.
Technology is at the cutting edge of developments, with Chromebooks for students in KS4 and 5. Achievement and participation in sports and arts are very high with students succeeding at local, county and national level. In addition, we can offer you a welcoming environment with supportive colleagues, and a strong focus on staff induction, training and development.
For more information or to arrange a visit please contact Julie Cumberland on (01394) 288228.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response. All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application.
To apply please go to: https://bit.ly/2TNOkkA
In line with our safeguarding practices we are unable to accept CVs.
We are committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate will be required for all posts. This post will be subject to enhanced checks as part of our Prevent Duty.