- Stowmarket High School
- Place of work:
- Salary details:
- MPR / UPR + TLR 1 (£9,472)
- Job term:
- Full Time
- Closing date:
- 27 March 2019 10:00 AM
Required from September 2019.
Are you an ambitious, forward thinking educational practitioner?
Are you looking for an exciting new teaching and leadership opportunity that will be professionally invigorating, challenging and rewarding?
We are seeking to appoint a transformational leader who will help the school continue to develop and thrive as a successful comprehensive school by making a direct contribution to raising achievement in mathematics.
You will be an inspirational person and must have the ability to teach KS3, KS4 and preferably KS5. We are looking for a person with outstanding leadership qualities and excellent interpersonal skills to drive forward the changes that will lead to mathematics being regarded as a beacon of excellence in the school.
In the past 3 years, mathematics has undergone a transformation at Stowmarket High School. A team of fully qualified and dedicated teachers have produced results that have taken the department from one of the lowest performing in Suffolk to one of the highest. We want this success to continue and seek a leader who thrives on success.
- have the ability to enthuse and motivate students
- have enthusiasm, creativity and resilience
- have a passion for their subject
- have a proven track record in the classroom
- be a successful leader and manager who has led, implemented and managed change
- develop new ways of learning to adapt to the new curriculum
- demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills
- be able to analyse and interpret data to improve outcomes
- have a growth mind-set, inspiring others and leading by example
- be committed to their own professional development with the aim of broadening their leadership remit in the future.
Stowmarket High School is situated in picturesque mid Suffolk with excellent commuter links to Cambridge, Ipswich and Norwich. We are an inclusive 11 – 18 Academy and part of Waveney Valley Academies Trust. Construction of a new school has commenced on our current site and we plan to move in to our new state of the art school in 2020.
In return for working at Stowmarket High School, staff are assured of a welcoming environment with supportive colleagues and a strong focus on staff induction and ongoing professional development, a consistent and supportive approach to behaviour for learning together with inspirational and dynamic leadership.
- the opportunity to work with a dedicated and committed team of professionals
- a childcare voucher scheme
- a commitment to staff well-being and work life balance
- ongoing Professional Development opportunities within the Trust.
Visits to the school are welcome. To arrange a visit, please contact Michele Miall, Headteacher’s PA via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply and for more information, please visit our website: www.stowhigh.com
Completed applications should be returned to Michele Miall, Headteacher's PA via email: email@example.com
Interview date: w/c 1 April 2019.
Stowmarket High School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to have an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service.