- Stowmarket High School
- Place of work:
- Salary details:
- MPR / UPR + TLR1 (£9,472)
- Job term:
- Full Time
- Closing date:
- 10 October 2019 10:00 AM
Required from January 2020.
Are you an ambitious, enthusiastic and forward-thinking educational practitioner?
Are you looking for an exciting new teaching and leadership opportunity that will be professionally invigorating, challenging and rewarding?
We are seeking to appoint a transformational leader who will help the school continue to develop and thrive as a successful comprehensive by making a direct contribution to raising achievement in mathematics.
You will be an inspirational person and must have the ability to teach KS3, KS4 and preferably KS5. We are looking for a person with outstanding leadership qualities and excellent interpersonal skills to continue the transformation of mathematics.
In the past 3 years, mathematics has undergone a transformation at Stowmarket High School. A team of fully qualified and dedicated teachers have produced results that took the department from one of the lowest performing in Suffolk to one of the highest. We want this success to be sustained and seek a leader who thrives on success.
- have the ability to enthuse and motivate students
- have enthusiasm, creativity and resilience
- have a passion for your subject
- have a proven track record in the classroom
- be a successful leader and manager who has led, implemented and managed change
- develop new ways of learning to adapt to the new curriculum
- demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills
- be able to analyse and interpret data to improve outcomes
- have a growth mind-set, inspiring others and leading by example
- be committed to your own professional development with the aim of broadening your leadership remit in the future.
Stowmarket High School is situated in picturesque mid Suffolk with excellent commuter links to Cambridge, Ipswich and Norwich. We are an inclusive 11 - 18 academy and part of Waveney Valley Academies Trust. Construction of a new school has commenced on our current site and we plan to move into our new state of the art school in April 2020.
In return for working at Stowmarket High School, staff are assured of a welcoming environment with supportive colleagues and a strong focus on staff induction and ongoing professional development, a consistent and supportive approach to behaviour for learning together with inspirational and dynamic leadership.
Other staff benefits include:
- an opportunity to work with a dedicated and committed team of professionals
- childcare voucher scheme
- a commitment to staff wellbeing and work life balance
- ongoing professional development opportunities within the trust.
Visits to the school are most welcome.
For more information and an application pack, please visit our website: www.stowhigh.com
Please return your completed application form to Michele Miall, Headteacher's PA via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Interview date: 17 October 2019.