- Hillside Special School
- Place of work:
- Job term:
- Full Time
- Closing date:
- 21 June 2021 10:00 AM
- MPR / UPR + SEN Allowance
- Required from September 2021 or January 2022.
Hillside is a very successful school for pupils with a wide range of complex needs including Severe Learning Difficulties (SLD), Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulties (PMLD) and Autism (ASD). The age range is 2 1/2 to 19 years. We place the pupils at the heart of everything and are aspirational for pupils' outcomes.
Hillside has been consistently rated as "Outstanding" by Ofsted since 2004.
We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and highly motivated class teacher.
The age range is 2 1/2 to 19 years and you may be required to work with pupils of any age and ability.
- have high levels of professionalism and uphold the values of the school at all times
- be familiar with and conduct yourself in accordance with the Teachers' Standards
- put the needs and wellbeing of the pupils at the forefront of everything you do
- have a truly positive attitude
- be methodical in your approach and have outstanding organisation skills
- have the ability to be tactful, conscientious and discreet when dealing with challenging situations
- be flexible, adaptable and able to multitask
- demonstrate a commitment to maintaining outstanding levels of safeguarding
- have patience and the ability to stay calm and positive
- be driven and have a commitment to continuous personal development and school improvement
- be emotionally and physically resilient
- have a passion for teaching pupils with Severe Learning Difficulties (SLD), Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulties (PMLD) and Autism (ASD)
- have excellent communication skills, work co-operatively and develop positive relationships with pupils, families and staff at all levels
- work with a team to deliver outstanding Teaching and Learning to our pupils
- be confident in the use of IT
- have a good sense of humour
Pupils on Roll: 88
We actively encourage applicants to see our school in action before applying for vacancies. If this post is of interest to you and you would like to know more, please contact Lizzi Murphy, Headteacher, via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org including your full name and 'Teacher Vacancy' in the subject line. Please also include your phone number in the body of your email and we will arrange a mutually convenient time to have an informal chat and arrange a visit.
If you think you have the qualities to fulfil this role and you want to make a real contribution to our school, we would welcome an application from you. All applications must be made on an official application form and must be accompanied by a covering letter. Please send your completed application form to email@example.com
Full details, an application pack and how to apply, can also be found on the school website: www.hillsidespecial.org.uk/about_us/vacancies
Interview date: 28 June 2021 (we may call candidates to interview earlier than this date).
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share this commitment. Successful candidates will be subject to an Enhanced DBS check. Our commitment to safeguarding is underpinned by robust processes and checks which are in place across the school.
No agencies, thank you.